Friday, April 29, 2011

Angry...

I will post a longer update later when I gather my thoughts, but I am really unhappy with our care in Columbus at this point. I don't feel like they dont even care enough to find out WHY she is having these problems.

Management of her current state is very important to me, but putting a band-aid on it and hoping she'll grow out of it is NOT my idea of management. They decided to keep increasing her doses of antibiotics until she goes 'consistently'.
 
The doctor has not answered my questions at all and is ignoring my concerns about antibiotic resistance and other problems associated with the doses Addison is receiving.
I'll write more when I cool down...

3 comments:

  1. I don't know you, but my heart breaks for you. It's so hard to see your children struggle. That baby of yours is so loved! I can see/hear that in your posts. I pray that the dr's will figure it out and get her onto a path of healthy! I am from South Dakota and we have a great children's hospital here. Good luck and you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam and Kim..... I am a stranger to you and have only just started reading your blog. I just wanted to let you know that prayers are being lifted for your precious little Addison and your family as you seek answers and healing. She is a beautiful little girl! It takes great courage to face these trials. know that God is with you!! :) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you feel like chatting please contact me. We are going through so many of the same issues and if we would have stopped with the first 2 dr's we would have never gotten any answers. We live in Oklahoma and have been going to OU Childrens. They are amaaazzziinnggg to us in the endocrinology dept. We see GI, Cardiology and Genetics next...I hope in some way I can help you or be a source to vent to bc I in some ways understand the frustration..Sorry for all you are going through..Praying for you daily. I hope my blog can help you find some encouragement. http://hishandsandfeetx3.blogspot.com/
    Praying for your sweet baby girl and you as well.

    ReplyDelete