Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back to Columbus tomorrow

Before I get to tomorrow, let me tell you how wonderful it was to spend an entire day with Adam and the girls, having FUN. We went to church, then had a picnic and played on the playground at Wildwood, and then went to Chuck E Cheese. What a day! I think we will all sleep good tonight.

Addison's been very content all day despite some backsliding of her condition. Yesterday we had to irrigate her because she couldn't go even with a suppository and we got a mix of diarrhea and little tiny hard flakes of stool, which was unlike anything we typically see from her. So I thought, "Hey, at least the diarrhea is improving" - but I was wrong. 5 more diapers filled within a few hours this afternoon, and she lost 4 ounces over the past 2 days. I can't understand why two days of moderate activity lost so much weight. Its like unless she sleeps all day long she won't gain anything. This is frustrating because it will take us like 10 days to get those 4 ounces back on her. I'm really worried about keeping her hydrated and not ending up back in the hospital. She is still sounding bad in her lungs and we are still doing the breathing treatments.

Tomorrow its back to Columbus, which I am not really looking forward to. We have some decisions to make and I don't know that I'm prepared yet.... I'm sure God will give me the strength to face whatever lies ahead though. Keep praying please..

I'll leave you with a couple of pics.




1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful baby! Continuing to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete